Yellow Thai Curry
Not “authentic”, but really tasty whole food plant based curry!
- 8 oz tofu cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos (or tamari or soy sauce)
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 12 oz mushrooms sliced
- 2 yellow potatoes chopped
- 1 cup carrots sliced
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened plain plant milk (almond, cashew, oat, coconut, etc.)
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 1 tbsp yellow curry powder
- ¼ tsp coriander
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Optional cilantro, green onions, and cashews for topping
- Prepare the tofu by adding the liquid aminos and placing the cubes on a foil lined baking sheet in the toaster oven or regular oven at 350○ F for about 10 minutes. Then flip the tofu over and bake for another 10 minutes.
- While the tofu is cooking, sauté the onion in a tablespoon or 2 of water in a large pot over medium high heat until soft and translucent.
- Add in garlic, mushrooms, potatoes, carrots, bell pepper, and milk. Stir together and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the curry paste, lime juice, ginger, curry powder, coriander, cumin and sea salt.
- Let the food continue to simmer until the potatoes are tender, but not mushy.
- Right before serving, mix in the tofu.
- Serve topped with cilantro, green onions, and cashews with a side of brown rice.